Wednesday 19 March 2014

The Gold-en Age.

For no discernible reason, I was just sitting here, drinking my ritual pre-gym huge glass of skim milk, at my desk, in front of my computer, when I felt a sudden nostalgic desire to play Pokemon Gold.

For no discernible reason, this also made me very sad.

Probably because I remember how back in the day, in Grade 6 or whatever it was, my life was primarily divided between Pokemon Gold, school, and homework. The latter two didn't concern me in the slightest, and it was all fun and easy. School was basically just friends and games, with a few jerks. Homework was learning my times tables. Pokemon was Pokemon (and still is Pokemon) i.e. awesome.

School has now been replaced by work, where I have a lot of friends, but you also run into quite a number of jerks, or people you'd rather not spend hours and hours and hours (and hours) with.

Homework is now Taxation Law. Income tax, CGT, FBT, T.T. I don't get it. At school, up until about Year 10, I just got things.

And Pokemon Gold. I've sort of upgraded to HeartGold. I like what they've done with those games. They're sort of more or less the same, just kind of spruced up.

Problem is, I can't even find the stupid DS right now.

Or it might be the music.

http://youtu.be/pfIrjx19p90

Word of the Day: Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment